The ESS Cumulative Data Wizard gives access to cumulative data from countries that have been included in the integrated ESS files in two or more rounds.
In the ESS Cumulative Data Wizard you can generate and download a customised subset of the ESS cumulative file by selecting rounds, countries and variables. The data file can be downloaded in SPSS, Stata, SAS and other formats. A Study Description and documentation of the selected variables is generated for each customised data file and is included in the download.
All variables that have been asked in more than one round are included in the cumulative data file, please see the variable list.
How to generate a customised subset:
- Select variables, countries and rounds in any sequence you want. Click on the variable to get full documentation.
- You can select all variables in a variable group, for example “Media use and social trust”, or you can select individual variables.
- Log in, if not already logged in
- Select download format and click "Download dataset"
These variables are automatically included in the downloaded data by default:
- CNAME "Title of cumulative dataset"
- CEDITION "Edition of cumulative dataset"
- CPRODDAT "Production date of cumulative dataset"
- CSEQNO "Respondent's sequence number in cumulative dataset",
- NAME "Title of ESS dataset"
- ESSROUND "ESS round"
- EDITION "ESS edition"
- IDNO "Respondent's identification number"
- CNTRY "Country"
- DWEIGHT "Design weight"
- PWEIGHT "Population size weight (must be combined with dweight)".